The Rolling Stones: Big Hits High Tide & Green Grass Original UK TXS.101 EX+
Format: 12" vinyl
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Title: Big hits high tide and green grass
Cat no: TXS. 101
Issue: UK original
Outer Sleeve: EX... great example with light age related wear
Record: EX+... Bright glossy sheen with a couple of very light wispy marks
Plays great with top audio
Graded strictly to UK record collector standards, please see the grading section below for details.
ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or require more pictures. I will try to respond to all enquiries within 12 hours but please be patient if it takes me a little longer.
Records are graded to UK record collector standard and gradings are as follows. A plus (+) may be used to indicate that the record is just shy of the next grading tier.
- Absolutely perfect in every way. Certainly never been played, possibly even still sealed. Will only be used if I can guarantee the record is unplayed. You're not going to see me use this grading very often and it will certainly not be used for unsealed 60s or 70s originals regardless of how good they look.
NEAR MINT (NM)
- How the sleeve will look: Only the slightest of wear for example a very slight ding to one or two corners. There will be no bends, folds, seam splits, cut outs, holes or similar defects.
- How the record will look: Again only the slightest of wear for example a couple of ultra light sleeve removal scuffs. The playing surface will not have any marks or scratches and the label will be bright and clean with only light spidering at the very most.
- How it should sound: There should be almost no loss of audio quality, the only audible flaws should be some light static in between tracks and occasionally in very quiet passages. Overall will sound bright, crisp and clean.
Again you're not going to see this being used too much as originals in even this level of condition are very very rare.
- How the sleeve will look: There will be some light age related wear this is normally in the form of a few light creases around the spine and the beginning of some light ring wear. The sleeve will be nice and solid with a fully legible spine.
- How the record will look: The playing surface will have a couple of very light marks or scratches that are superficial flaws and will not effect the sound quality with pops. Labels will be bright and clean but may have some light wear around the spindle hole.
- How it should sound: Some slight loss of audio quality is to be expected with the occasional light click (no pops). Some light surface noise may be heard in the quietest parts of the record.
VERY GOOD (VG)
-How the sleeve will look: Age related wear will be evident in the form of creases, upturned corners shelf, edge and ring wear. Writing, cut outs, stickers and/or their residue may also be present but not in conjunction with more than two of the aforementioned age related defects.
- How the record will look: Light scratches, marks and groove wear will start to be evident. Labels may have writing, staining, stickers and/or their residue although not all of these at the same time.
- How it should sound: A considerable loss of audio quality will be present in the form of light pops, clicks and surface noise however it will not be enough to overpower the music and will still be a nice playable and listenable copy.
- How the sleeve will look: The sleeve will start to be overwhelmed by flaws and may have some or all of these; seam splits, bends, folds, creases, stickers, residue, writing, cutouts and staining. Although it will be heavily worn the sleeve will still be able to serve it's original purpose of holding the record.
- How the record will look: Marks, scratches and scuffs will start to overwhelm the playing surface. The label maybe ripped or damaged.
- How it should sound: The key point is that the record will play right through without jumping, skipping or sticking. The music will start to become overwhelmed with pops, clicks, swishes, surface noise and static.
- Record may have one or two jumps but would otherwise be considered to be in good condition. Will only be used for records, any sleeve just short of good will be considered poor.
You won't see this much only for particularly rare records where collection fillers will be in demand
- The record is cracked, badly warped, and won't play through without skipping or repeating. The picture sleeve is water damaged, split on all three seams and heavily marred by wear and writing. The LP cover barely keeps the LP inside it. Inner sleeves are fully seam split, crinkled, and written upon.
You will probably never see this grading only the rarest of records will be made available for purchase in thus condition.
No returns accepted on auction listings unless the item does not match the description. If this is the case contact me straight away and I will do everything I can to resolve the issue. Any other problems with postage etc please contact me before leaving feedback. Returns are accepted on buy it now items within 30 days and must be confirmed prior to the item being posted back to me. Return postage is to be paid by the buyer, I suggest 2nd class signed for items up to £50. Obviously items need to be what I sent you and in the same condition as it was upon my sending. Refunds will be issued upon my recipt of the item and confirmation of condition. Different or damaged items will not be refunded.
Payment to be made within 48 hours of the listing end, if payment has not been received by then an unpaid item case will be opened. So please only bid or buy it now if you intend to pay for the item, if you have any problems regarding the payment then contact me ASAP after the auction.
HANDLING TIMES & SHIPPING
24 hours handling time does not include weekends or bank holidays. So an item purchased on Friday may not be posted until Monday, however, I always try to get items sent out as soon as possible. Proof of postage and all relevant details are kept and can be provided if you need to make a claim for lost or damaged items.
All records are shipped with a protective dust sleeve in a professional mailer with two card stiffners and will be sent with the inner placed behind the outer to protect against seam splits etc.