RAY CHARLES w/CLARK TERRY+THAD JONES GENIUS+SOUL=JAZZ RARE ORIG'61 IMPULSE LP NM
To save auctions to your favourites, please login
If you don't have an account, please register
WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 400 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· RAY CHARLES with CLARK TERRY, JOHNNY COLES, FRANK FOSTER, FRANK WESS, ROY HAYNES, THAD JONES, QUINCY JONES, BLUE MITCHELL, SELDON POWELL AND OTHERS - GENIUS + SOUL = JAZZ - ORIGINAL 1961 IMPULSE RECORDS STEREO LP A-2 (AS-2 ON THE LABEL)
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL ORANGE-AND-BLACK IMPULSE LABEL
· RARE STEREO PRESSING, MANY TIMES RARER THAN MONO
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER, MADE OF THICK CARDBOARD (AMERICAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL SHRINK (CELLOPHANE) WRAP
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· THE RECORD HAS A 'BELL SOUND' STAMP IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) AREA, WHICH IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED A PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY OF THE FIRST PRESSING.
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
By far the rarest and hardest to find of all his early albums (with the possible exception of the stereo version of his duet album with Betty Carter), this magnificent 1961 instrumental jazzy/funky album, which is arranged and orchestrated by Mr. Quincy Jones himself - provides a gorgeous blend of some funky, jazzy, organ-swing, material, which is a truly unique Brother Ray-esque mix of blues, jazz, funk, soul, r&b and gospel. If you are wondering where Booker T & the MG's picked up their influences, look no further - you are at the spring source of all soul instrumentals of the 1960's. Some of the arrangements are wonderfully dated, but no matter - it only gives them an added aura of greatness. A truly great Ray Charles album - a MUST for any serious Brother Ray collector.
For additional information about this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS NEAR MINT. Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve.
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Stereo pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its mono counterpart. The mix is more graphic, the sound resolution more precise, and the channel separation (which does not exist on mono version) adds a whole new dimension to the music. Also, the stereo mixes are (by definition) somewhat different than on the mono version. We estimate that mono copies of this album outnumber stereo copies by a ratio of at least 5:1.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, LAMINATED, GLOSSY COVER):
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP (A SMALL PIECE OF SHRINK WRAP IS MISSING)
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- The cover has a small (1 inch) razor-like line (cut) on the back panel, as if someone attempted to cut away the shrink wrap with a razor, but inadvertently left the mark on the cover as well. The paper slick is intact and no part is missing, but the razor line is visible.
- Cover has some tiny, faint writing on its back side (a microscopic price code written in one corner) (black writing on black surface; practically invisible; only a pressure mark remains)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No wrinkles or creases
- No yellowing from aging
- No stamps
- No tearing: no chips, dents or nicks on the seams
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that ►our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- ray charles genius