MILES DAVIS/CHARLIE MINGUS BLUE MOODS ORIG'55 DEBUT LP
►Click here to see our ROCK auctions ►See our JAZZ auctions ►See our BLUES auctions►See our CLASSICAL auctions ► See our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►See our PROMO auctions►See our SOUL auctions ►See our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· MILES DAVIS - BLUE MOODS - ORIGINAL 1955 DEBUT RECORDS MONO LP WITH CHARLES MINGUS AND ELVIN JONES - ORIGINAL DEBUT RECORDS MONO LP DEB-100
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL MATTE (NOT GLOSSY), MAROON DEBUT LABEL WITH GOLD PRINT
· NO DEEP GROOVE (NONE OF THE ORIGINAL DEBUT PRESSINGS OF THIS ALBUMS HAD A DEEP GROOVE!); ODDLY, THE REISSUE ON FANTASY LABEL DID)
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS (MOST IMPORTANTLY, BOTH LABELS ARE PRESENT!!! – DEBUT WAS NOTORIOUS FOR SHODDILY GLUED LABELS THAT EASILY UNGLUED OR FELL OFF)
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
This is not only one of his rarest, but widely and genuinely recognized as probably two or three of Miles’ (and Mingus’!) finest works. Truly a masterpiece. Miles' interaction with Mingus is to die for. And, lest we forget – the two hardheads nearly had a fistfight in the studio while recording this album, but you would never be able to figure it out by listening to this gorgeous, blue and moody, music.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
THIS IS A NO-RESERVE AUCTION!
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS EXCELLENT. This is one of those albums that are somewhat difficult to grade. It is somewhere between VG++ and NEAR MINT, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions ARE visible, but they are extremely shallow, superficial and only moderately visually distracting (nothing significant).For the most part, the vinyl looks impeccable without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT EXCELLENT OR VERY GOOD+++.
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2 (front side) and 3 (back side).
- Cover has a partially split spine (between 2 and 4 inches / 5 to 10 centimeters); This split seam was delicately taped by the previous owner with a piece of transparent scotch tape (THE REPAIR IS VIRTUALLY INVISIBLE)
- Back cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No wrinkles or creases
- No yellowing from aging
- No writing
- No stamps
- No tearing: no chips, dents or nicks on the seams
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
Generally, US POSTAGE is $5.80 FOR THE FIRST ITEM shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL (this includes a small $1.00 packaging surcharge).
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE- and insurance rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage and insurance rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note we are NOT responsible for uninsured items.
Media- and Surface Mail rates are available ONLY to orders of $200.00 or more. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO FIND OUT HOW.
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND DISCOUNT RATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►ACKNOWLEDGING A WINNING BID ►OUR FEEDBACK POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES
OUR REFUND POLICY :
Cash refund will be granted only for DEFECTIVE items, but we are flexible and reasonable in reviewing the merits of each individual case. We do NOT play-grade records and can only make reasonable inference on the item's condition based on its visual appearance. Every bid carries a risk that purchased item might play worse than its visual grade may indicate. Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy .
© 2001,2004 MDJ. All rights reserved.