MILES DAVIS KIND OF BLUE MINT MONO WHITE LABEL PROMO LP
►Click here to see our ROCK auctions ►See our JAZZ auctions ►See our BLUES auctions►See our CLASSICAL auctions ► See our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►See our PROMO auctions►See our SOUL auctions ►See our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· MILES DAVIS with JOHN COLTRANE, BILL EVANS, WYNTON KELLY, CANNONBALL ADDERLEY, PAUL CHAMBERS AND JAMES COBB - KIND OF BLUE - ORIGINAL 1959 COLUMBIA RECORDS MONO LP CL-1355
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· *** WHITE LABEL PROMO ***
· ORIGINAL COLUMBIA 'SIX EYE' LABEL, WHITE LABEL PROMO
· ORIGINAL PRESSING WITH B-SIDE LABEL SHOWING WRONG TRACK SEQUENCE (FLAMENCO SKETCHES FIRST; ALL BLUES SECOND)
· DEEP GROOVE PRESSING
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH "-1A/-1C…". ON SOME LABELS, SUFFIX –1 INDICATES THE VERY FIRST, ORIGINAL PRESSING
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
What we have here is Jazz equivalent of the Grand Canyon. The album which, for the next four decades, pretty much defined everything that's spontaneous, improvisational , modal and otherwise genuine in music. This music truly has no equivalents, peers or points of reference in modern music, whether before or after its conception. Word has it that Duane Allman played nothing by "Kind of Blue" for many days and months on end, and the list of Jazz musicians profoundly affected by its spontaneity, mood, gentle blue tinge and supreme musical competence (to put it mildly) goes on and on and on. Plus, how many times do you get to hear the interplay between Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley - all assembled in one place?. This is not music, this is pure aural ambrosia.
The Jazz’ greatest album was beset from its inception by the mastering problems, and experts claim that it is off by a fraction of the note, due to the fact that it was mastered at the wrong speed (a moot point). The original, first analog pressings on six-eyes Columbia label are becoming extremely rare and extraordinarily coveted by practically everyone - jazz and non-jazz collectors alike. For any self-respecting Jazz aficionado, this is the only possible way to hear the greatest jazz album ever.
THE WHITE LABEL PROMO, RADIO STATION-, AUDITION OR DEMONSTRATION COPIES AND RELEASES (such as the one we have here) were often distributed to the radio stations before the record was released to the public, sometimes as much as four months ahead. These records are generally considered to be the "first among equals": the VERY FIRST generation and the VERY FIRST pressings of the particular title; a PROTOTYPE and the earliest known official pressing of the record.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
THIS IS A NO-RESERVE AUCTION!
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS NEAR MINT. Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record has a "deep groove" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the edge of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings).
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT EXCELLENT OR VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 3.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
- Cover has some fraying/wear along the spine and the bottom seam (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No wrinkles or creases
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
Generally, US POSTAGE is $5.80 FOR THE FIRST ITEM shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL (this includes a small $1.00 packaging surcharge).
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE- and insurance rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage and insurance rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note we are NOT responsible for uninsured items.
Media- and Surface Mail rates are available ONLY to orders of $200.00 or more. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO FIND OUT HOW.
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND DISCOUNT RATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►ACKNOWLEDGING A WINNING BID ►OUR FEEDBACK POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES
OUR REFUND POLICY :
Cash refund will be granted only for DEFECTIVE items, but we are flexible and reasonable in reviewing the merits of each individual case. We do NOT play-grade records and can only make reasonable inference on the item's condition based on its visual appearance. Every bid carries a risk that purchased item might play worse than its visual grade may indicate. Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy .
© 2001,2004 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- miles davis kind of blue mono