Bob Marley & The Wailers UPRISING, Island TEST PRESSING (1980) One Owner
Selected titles from the private collection of a music business veteran are now being made available for the first time. Titles offered by this Seller are one-owner and came directly from the pressing plant, record company warehouse, other label reps or record store unless otherwise noted.
Grading is based on visual inspection.
Album ships in a 2 MIL poly cover sleeve and a 2 MIL poly inner sleeve.
I package records outside the cover to avoid seam splits.
New and vintage vinyl is hard to grade strictly using eBay’s system because the record and the cover are two different components. Therefore, I call a record new and mint if it is opened but has never been played. I use the grading category to describe the cover condition.
- This copy had never been played until I tested it on high-end equipment. There were cosmetic blemishes on the vinyl and I wanted to QC it. It played fine. I have seen these cosmetic blemishes on other test pressings and I think they can be attributed to many years in storage and the generic packaging.
- The original, die-cut, single piece board cover has tight seams and shows no wear.
- The generic inner sleeve is included. I have added a soft poly inner sleeve.
- This is a one-owner that the Seller got new from Island Records in 1980. It has been in storage for 38 years.
TracklistA1Coming In From The Cold4:31A2Real Situation3:08A3Bad Card2:48A4We And Them3:12A5Work3:40B1Zion Train3:34B2Pimper's Paradise3:26B3Could You Be Loved3:56B4Forever Loving Jah3:51B5Redemption Song3:47
- Recorded At – Tuff Gong Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Tuff Gong Recording Studio
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Island Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records Inc.
- Published By – Bob Marley Music Ltd.
- Published By – Almo Music Corp.
- Art Direction – Neville Garrick
- Backing Vocals – I Threes, Junior Marvin, Tyrone Downie
- Bass, Piano, Guitar, Percussion – Aston Barrett*
- Drums, Percussion – Carlton Barrett
- Engineer [Assistant] – Chiao Ng
- Engineer, Engineer [Mixing] – Errol Brown (2)
- Executive-Producer – Chris Blackwell
- Keyboards – Earl Lindo*, Tyrone Downie
- Lead Guitar – Al Anderson, Junior Marvin
- Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Bob Marley
- Mixed By – Chris Blackwell, The Wailers
- Percussion – Alvin Patterson*
- Photography By – Adrian Boot
- Producer – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Written-By – Bob Marley
NotesRecorded and mixed at Tuff Gong Studio, Kingston, Jamaica.
Manufactured and distributed by Warner Bros. Records Inc. a Warner Communications Company.
© 1980 Bob Marley Music, Ltd. (ASCAP). All rights administered by Almo Music Corp. (ASCAP) for the world excluding the caribbean. All tracks published by Bob Marley Music Ltd./Almo Music Corp. ASCAP
©? 1980 Island Records, Inc.
Made in U.S.A
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (A Side): ILPS-9596-WW2 #3 STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (B Side): ILPS-2-9596-WW1 ? STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Side A engraved): ILPS-1 I?L?P?S?-9596-WW2 --<|
- Matrix / Runout (Side A stamped): STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Side B engraved): ILPS-2-9596-WW1 #3 --<|
- Matrix / Runout (Side B stamped): STERLING