13th FLOOR ELEVATORS EASTER EVERYWHERE INSANELY RARE ORIG MONO WHT LBL PROMO LP
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· THIRTEENTH FLOOR ELEVATORS – EASTER EVERYWHERE – MONSTROUSLY RARE STOCK MONO PRESSING – ORIGINAL 1967 INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS LP MONO IALP # 5 [NOTE THAT STEREO AND MONO PRESSINGS HAVE THE SAME CATALOG NUMBER; ONLY A MONO BANNER ON THE LABEL DIFFERENTIATES MONO FROM STEREO PRESSINGS]
· ORIGINAL US PRESSING
· *** INSANELY RARE WHITE LABEL PROMO-ONLY MONO LP ***
· PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE STOCK (TURQUOISE LABEL) MONO COPIES OF THIS ALBUM; THESE ARE SO IMPOSSIBLY RARE (PROBABLY LESS THAN 10 KNOWN COPIES) THAT THEY ARE IN ALL LIKELIHOOD MISPRESSINGS OR ABERRANT PRESSINGS OF SOME SORT
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· NO “MASTERPHONICS” IN DEAD WAX/TRAIL-OFF VINYL [THIS IS NOT A 70’S REISSUE]; IN ANY EVENT 70’S MONO REISSUES DO NOT EXIST
· INCLUDES RARE ORIGINAL CUSTOM INNER SLEEVE, UNIQUE TO THIS TITLE
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· STEREO COVER (PROPER MONO COVERS FOR THIS TITLE WERE NEVER PRODUCED)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THE RECORD HAS A DISTINCT MONO MATRIX NUMBER (IAM-5) NOT FOUND ON ANY STEREO PRESSINGS OF THIS TITLE
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
We are pleased to present the rarest and hardest-to-find Thirteenth Floor Elevators album in existence: the monstrously rare MONO WHITE LABEL PROMO pressing of the Thirteenth Floor Elevators legendary, second album.
On their groundbreaking debut album, the 13th Floor Elevators sometimes sounded as if they were still learning how to work with the strange beast of their own creation known as psychedelic rock. But their second set, 1967's Easter Everywhere, found them a great deal more comfortable and confident with their loose and hypnotically trippy approach. Easter Everywhere doesn't have an out-of-the-box classic cut like "You're Gonna Miss Me" or "Fire Engine" from The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, but in many ways it's a more cohesive and consistent work, and the subtle but effective structures of the longer tracks grow and develop through repeated listenings, while rockers like "She Lives (In a Time of Her Own)" and "Levitation" pack a surprisingly visceral punch. Stacy Sutherland was never a blazing guitar hero, but his concise aural punctuations on the epochal "Slip Inside This House" and a superb cover of Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue" are perfectly suited to the material. In addition, the rhythm section of Dan Galindo on bass and Danny Thomas on drums locks these songs into place with confidence and skill. The strange patterns of Tommy Hall's electric jug playing are as gloriously bewildering as ever, merging the music of the spheres with an alien attack, and Roky Erickson's vocals make even the most acid-damaged poesy sound passionate, graceful, and wildly alive. And Roky and the Elevators never sounded sweeter and saner than they did on the penultimate tune, "I Had to Tell You," with Roky seemingly offering a postscript to his many sad years to follow with the words "If you fear I'll lose my spirit/Like a drunkard's wasted wine/Don't you even think about it/I'm feeling fine." Even if less influential than The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, Easter Everywhere is every bit as compelling and a true benchmark of early psychedelic rock -- not bad for an album produced by Kenny Rogers' brother.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY MARK DEMING, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
This was the second of the four great, classic psychedelic albums by Rocky Erickson & his Thirteenth Floor Elevators before Erickson was declared criminally insane and hauled off into the psychiatric asylum for a protracted and bizarre "treatment". Frankly, we don't know why - this album still sounds more SANE to us than most of the music of the period. Indeed, it sounds much better than most of the music created since!!! Don't miss this great psych relic, which almost never shows up for sale in ANY condition, LET ALONE AS MONO WHITE LABEL PROMO.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VG++. A few light abrasions (some longer than 2 inches) ARE visible, but they appear fairly superficial and insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its stereo counterpart. We think that the mix is more natural, humane, "organic" and that the mixes are somewhat different than on the stereo version. We estimate that stock stereo copies of this album outnumber stock mono pressings by a ratio of at least 300:1.
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) The record comes in its original, custom, inner sleeve, which is UNIQUE to this album.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (this is the original, “gold leaf” finish cover)
THE COVER IS ABOUT VERY GOOD+(+)
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some visible ring wear; On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 6 (front side) and 4 (back side).
- Back cover has a few yellowish dust speckles scattered here and there (these tiny spots are not overly obtrusive or distracting)
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging (nothing significant).
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine
- A few visible fingerprint marks noted on the front side (this gold leaf cover is extremely susceptible to fingerprint marks; unless you are handling the cover with the latex gloves, you WILL leave fingerprint marks on it, no ifs, ands or buts)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the seams (nothing significant)
- Cover has two corners slightly dinged (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that ►our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.