MARIE QUEENIE LYONS SOUL FEVER ULTRA-RARE ORIG KING LP
WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 1600 LISTED ITEMS. TO DISPLAY ALL OUR AUCTIONS LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, BY ARTIST’S NAME ►CLICK HERE
►Click here to see our ROCK auctions ►See our JAZZ auctions ►See our BLUES auctions►See our CLASSICAL auctions ► See our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►See our PROMO auctions►See our SOUL auctions ►See our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· MARIE ‘QUEENIE’ LYONS - SOUL FEVER – ORIGINAL 1970 DELUXE RECORDS (A SUBSIDIARY OF KING RECORDS, JAMES BROWN’S LABEL) STEREO LP DLP-12001
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL FLAT (NON-GLOSSY) BLACK ‘DELUXE’ LABEL WITH SILVER PRINT.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· PRODUCED AND ARRANGED BY JAMES BROWN (UNDER PSEUDONYM; NOT CREDITED)
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Released in 1970 on James Brown's King/Deluxe label, this album was Marie Queenie Lyons first and last effort—she disappeared shortly after its release. That's unfortunate, because Lyons had an exceptional voice, able to instantly shift from a sultry croon on "Daddy's House" to the gospel shout of "I'll Drown in My Own Tears." Another strength is her unbridled fury, which keys ribald tracks like "Your Key Don't Fit It No More" and "I Don't Want Nobody to Have It but You." Plus, her take on the Godfather's "Try Me" aches to the bone. These days, such truthful artistry is long gone: 38 years later, Soul Fever's cover—a beautiful black face, surrounded by encroaching darkness, struggling to be seen—has become a sadly apt metaphor for modern-day soul.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY RICHARD TORRES, VILLAGE VOICE)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VERY GOOD+ . CAUTION: The vinyl is NOT MINT or NEAR MINT, but is nevertheless in a very nice and clean condition. There are some surface marks and abrasions, mostly light and superficial, although some may be longer than 1.1/4 inches (1 inch = 2.5 centimeters)
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS ONLY ABOUT VERY GOOD- (VG-).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a partially split top seam (between 4 and 6 inches / 10 to 15 centimeters)
- Cover has a partially split bottom seam (between 4 and 6 inches / 10 to 15 centimeters)
- Cover has some visible fraying/tattering on all three seams
- Cover has some visible ring wear; On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 7.
- Back cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Back cover has a few yellowish dust speckles scattered here and there
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine
- Cover has a visible "wrinkle"(crease) in one of the corners.
- Cover has some writing (name of the previous owner written in black ballpoint pen three times: once on the front ( about ½ x 1 inches in size) and twice on the back ( about 1 x 2 inches in size)
- Cover has two corners slightly worn / frayed / bent.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
- Minor, spotty, staining noted on front panel
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
Generally, US POSTAGE is $5.80 FOR THE FIRST ITEM shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL (this includes a small $1.00 packaging surcharge).
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE- and insurance rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage and insurance rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note we are NOT responsible for uninsured items.
Media- and Surface Mail rates are available ONLY to orders of $200.00 or more. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO FIND OUT HOW.
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND DISCOUNT RATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►ACKNOWLEDGING A WINNING BID ►OUR FEEDBACK POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES
OUR REFUND POLICY :
Cash refund will be granted only for DEFECTIVE items, but we are flexible and reasonable in reviewing the merits of each individual case. We do NOT play-grade records and can only make reasonable inference on the item's condition based on its visual appearance. Every bid carries a risk that purchased item might play worse than its visual grade may indicate. Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy .
© 2001,2004 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- marie queenie lyons