THE NEW MILES DAVIS QUINTET w/COLTRANE MINT ORIG '55 LP
►Click here to see our ROCK auctions ►See our JAZZ auctions ►See our BLUES auctions►See our CLASSICAL auctions ► See our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►See our PROMO auctions►See our SOUL auctions ►See our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· MILES DAVIS (with JOHN COLTRANE, RED GARLAND, PAUL CHAMBERS AND PHILLY JOE JONES) – “MILES” (also known as: THE NEW MILES DAVIS QUINTET) - REGARDED BY MANY AS THE FIRST “TRUE” MILES DAVIS ALBUM) – ORIGINAL 1955 PRESTIGE RECORDS MONO LP 7014
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL YELLOW AND BLACK 'PRESTIGE' RECORDS LABEL WITH 50TH STREET, NEW YORK ADDRESS ON THE LABEL AND “FIREWORKS” DETAIL.
· The record has a "DEEP GROOVE" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the perimeter of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings)
· The record has a ►Rudy Van Gelder’s name or his initials (RVG) clearly stamped or hand-etched in the trail-off vinyl (dead wax)
· Flat edge pressing.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
THIS IS A NO-RESERVE AUCTION!
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS NEAR MINT. Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The album comes with its original, 'rice paper' inner sleeve (typically used in the 50’s and very early 60’s) which has - apparently with success - shielded the vinyl from the harmful impact of elements over many years! We believe that, despite great technological progress, these early 'rice paper' inner sleeves provided a degree of protection MUCH HIGHER than any other material used ever since.
(c) The record has a "deep groove" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the edge of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings).
(d) The record has a ►Rudy Van Gelder name, or his initials (RVG) stamped or hand-etched in the trail-off vinyl (dead wax). On SOME Jazz labels (Blue Note, Savoy, Regent, Prestige, Impulse, Verve…) this stamp signifies highly professional masterings either done by - or personally authorized by - the legendary engineer himself.
(e) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(f) Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its FAKE ("electronically rechannelled") stereo counterpart. We estimate that FAKE stereo copies of this album outnumber monos by a ratio of at least 10:1.
(g) True Stereo copies of this album are NOT known to exist.
(h) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, LAMINATED, GLOSSY COVER):
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT EXCELLENT OR VERY GOOD+++.
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some fraying/wear along the opening slot (nothing significant)
- Back cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
- Cover has one corner slightly worn (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No wrinkles or creases
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
Generally, US POSTAGE is $5.80 FOR THE FIRST ITEM shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL (this includes a small $1.00 packaging surcharge).
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE- and insurance rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage and insurance rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note we are NOT responsible for uninsured items.
Media- and Surface Mail rates are available ONLY to orders of $200.00 or more. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO FIND OUT HOW.
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND DISCOUNT RATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►ACKNOWLEDGING A WINNING BID ►OUR FEEDBACK POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES
OUR REFUND POLICY :
Cash refund will be granted only for DEFECTIVE items, but we are flexible and reasonable in reviewing the merits of each individual case. We do NOT play-grade records and can only make reasonable inference on the item's condition based on its visual appearance. Every bid carries a risk that purchased item might play worse than its visual grade may indicate. Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy .
© 2001,2004 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- miles davis quintet