Rare Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark OMD ?Electricity 7" Vinyl FAC 6 Factory
Rare Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark OMD ?Electricity 7" Vinyl FAC 6 Factory Records
Peter Saville Embossed Sleeve
TracklistHide CreditsAElectricityProducer – Orchestral Manoeuvres In The DarkProducer, Engineer – Paul Collister3:45BAlmostEngineer [Mix] – Chris NagleEngineer [Recording] – John BrierleyProducer – Martin Zero3:48
- Recorded At – Henry's Studio
- Recorded At – Cargo Studios
- Mixed At – Strawberry Studios
- Printed By – John Roberts & Sons Printers
- Mastered At – Gedmal Galvanic Ltd.
- Published By – VC 11 Music
- Lacquer Cut By – Porky (5)
- Plated By – EG*
- Typography [Typographics], Design – Peter Saville (2)
- Vocals, Bass, Electronic Drums [Electronic Percussion] – Andy McCluskey
- Vocals, Keyboards, Electronic Drums [Electronic Percussion] – Paul Humphreys
- Written-By – McKlusky*, Humphries*
NotesAn unknown number of copies exist with the A label applied to both sides in error.
Track A recorded at Henry's Studio, West Kirby, Liverpool.
Track B recorded at Cargo Studios, Rochdale; Mixed at Strawberry Studios, Stockport.
Edition of 5000, sold out by September 1979. Housed in black on black thermographic sleeve and printed and hand folded and glued by John Roberts and Sons Printers, Chapel Street, Salford.
"Peter's idea for this sleeve originated in a thermographic machine installed in the Manchester Polygraphics Department at that time. Peter wanted to experiment with using the same colour thermo ink as the card it was printed on. Originally offered the sleeve concept to A Certain Ratio in the bar of the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, who, arrogant little bastards, told him to get lost. Instead he gave the idea to OMD, became their regular designer and won countless awards for his work with them in the next few years." (Tony Wilson)