Queen A Kind of magic Orange Vinyl NZ + Radio Station Promo LP
UK buyers - Shipping is not £9.50 - eBay UK doesn't recognise the actual postage costs from sellers in New Zealand.
I cannot ship anything for £9.50.
Please take a moment to read the following terms below before bidding:
As per eBay’s terms I have to send any parcels via a tracked service!
1. The cheapest tracked service is by EMS approx. 5-10 working days with a tracking & insurance.
This costs £22 for the 1st LP and £3 for each additional LP to the UK/Europe/USA/Japan.
Only Australia is cheaper with the 1st LP via tracked courier £15 + £3 for each additional LP.
Double albums count as 2 LP’s , Triple albums count as 3 LP’s, Box Sets are counted per LP.
2. I only ship to selected countries – please see the list below. If your country is not listed you can get in touch with me to see if we can work something out.
3. Please ensure you know about customs duties /import taxes payable in your country. These charges are the buyers responsibility and you need to be aware if there will be any duties for you to pay. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
4. Please wait for my invoice before making payment.
5.Please make payment within 3 working days unless already discussed.
1. A Kind of Magic 'dayglo' orange translucent vinyl - one of the coolest records ever !
Released in 1986 by EMI NZ - this special run was a result of the popularity after their only ever concert in NZ in April 1985. Also the film 'The Highlander'was hugely popular !
Condition (visual grade):
SLEEVE: EX- very light rub wear and a few minimal handling creases.
2. A Kind of Magic - Original black vinyl Demonstration/ promo copy given to Radio stations. NZ being such a small country (population) in 1986 , it was too costly to print white label promo labels. Instead promo copies simply had a "demonstration not for sale ...." sticker placed on the label and also sometimes of the sleeve.
This 1st press promo also has the rare sticker on the inside of the sleeve advertising the broadcast of the new video - on a Saturday night at 8 pm ! . This was a big deal to have a music video shown on national TV -NZ only had 2 TV channels in 1986 !
Condition (visual grade):
SLEEVE: VG - general wear and handling marks - rub wear - light creases- no tears or seam splits. A true sign of a genuine used radio station copy -the vinyl is still EX so not to affect the broadcast quality !
**** I use the UK Record Collector based grading system - see table at the end.
1. UK/ EU/USA/Canada/Japan
EMS: £22 for the 1st LP + £3 for additional LP's. This is a tracked courier service and takes approx. 5-10 working days (estimate not a guaranteed time frame).
EMS: £15 for the 1st LP + £3 for additional LP's. This is a tracked courier service and takes approx. 5-10 working days (estimate not a guaranteed time frame).
I can’t offer airmail as an option as there is no tracking number provided. eBay will always side with the buyer if there is a claim for non-receipt of an item (refunded via PayPal) unless the seller can provide a tracking number or proof of delivery. There is no protection for a seller from rogue or dishonest buyers claiming non-receipt or loss of the parcel.
If you need to discuss further then please feel free to contact me. In the past I have almost always used 1st class airmail with almost no issues – only those arising from dishonest buyers claiming non-receipt.
RECORD COLLECTORS GRADING SYSTEM
Near Mint (NM)
In near new condition with no surface marks or deterioration in sound quality. Cover and contents are nearly perfect.
The record shows some signs of having been played, but there is very little lessening in sound quality. The cover and packaging might have slight wear and/or creasing.
Very Good Plus (VG+)
Better than Very Good: Obviously been played but no significant deterioration in sound quality despite light surface marks. Very little wear and tear on cover and contents, no major defects.
Very Good (VG)
The record has obviously been played many times, but displays no major deterioration in sound quality, despite noticeable surface marks and the occasional light scratch. Normal wear and tear on the cover or extra items, without any major defects is acceptable
Good Plus (G+)
Better than Good: Sound quality has deteriorated but with no distortion. Light scratches and occasional mild scratch. Cover and contents suffer from folding, scuffing of edges but not spine splits or discoloration.
The record has been played so much that the sound quality has noticeably deteriorated, perhaps with some distortion and mild scratches. The cover and contents suffer from folding, scuffing of edges, spine splits, discolouration, etc
The record is still just playable but has not been cared for properly and displays considerable surface noise; it may even jump. The cover and contents will be torn, stained and/or defaced.