MUDDY WATERS THE BEST OF PYE R&B SERIES LP 1964
THE BEST OF
PYE INTERNATIONAL R&B SERIES LP 1964
Matrix: 12040 A/B-1MThe Best of Muddy Waters was a 1958 greatest hits album by Muddy Waters released by Chess Records in the USA in April 1958. With gaining popularity for 331/3 rpms (commonly called LPs) Chess Records started releasing its first LPs in 1958. The Best of Muddy Waters (released sometime in April 1958 according to Billboard magazine) was the third LP that Chess released. This LP was issued in the UK on Pye Int. in 1964 using the same cover photograph of Muddy.
All songs written and composed by McKinley Morganfield, except where noted.Side oneNo. Title Original release Length1. "I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon) Chess #1571 2:492. "Long Distance Call" Chess #1452 2:383. "Louisiana Blues" Chess #1441 2:494. "Honey Bee" Chess #1468 3:205. "Rollin' Stone" Chess #1426 3:056. "I'm Ready" (Dixon) Chess #1579 3:01 Side twoNo. Title Original release Length1. "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man" (Dixon) Chess #1560 2:492. "She Moves Me" Chess #1490 2:543. "I Want You to Love Me" unknown 3:014. "Standin' Around Cryin'" Chess #1526 3:195. "Still a Fool" unknown 3:146. "I Can't Be Satisfied" Aristocrat #1305 2:41
- Muddy Waters – lead vocals, guitar
- Ernest "Big" Crawford – bass on "Long Distance Call", "Louisiana Blues", "Honey Bee", "I Want You To Love Me", and "I Can't Be Satisfied"
- Willie Dixon – bass on "I Just Want To Make Love To You", "I'm Ready", and "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man"
- Little Walter – harmonica on tracks A-1, A-2, A-3, A-6, B-1, B-2, and B-4; guitar on B-5
- Walter "Shakey" Horton – harmonica on B-3
- Jimmy Rogers – guitar on tracks A-1, A-4, A-6, B-1, B-3, and B-4
- Otis Spann – piano on A-1, A-6, B-1, B-3, and B-4
- Fred Below – drums on A-1, A-6, and B-1
- Elgin Evans – washboard on A-3; drums on B-3 and B-4
- Leonard Chess – bass drum on B-2 and B-5
- Studs Terkel – liner notes
Record sleeve: Excellent. Just slight wear at the edges and a few creases at the opening. Laminated at the front.
Secure packaging using stiffeners and dispatched ASAP following payment by PayPal
For all UK and overseas buyers: if you require insurance or recorded/special delivery please let me know at the end of the auction as I cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items in the post. I will of course retain the proof of postage for reference and possible claims.