JOHN LEE HOOKER URBAN BLUES ULTRA-RARE ORIG '67 BLUESWAY LP BLUE LABEL VG++
· JOHN LEE HOOKER – URBAN BLUES – RARE ORIGINAL 1967 ABC-BLUESWAY STEREO LP BLS-6012
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL TURQUOISE (AQUA-BLUE) ABC-BLUESWAY LABEL WITH BLACK PRINT
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· As far as we know, this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other way, manner or format.
This is the Boogie Man's 1967 ABC-BluesWay album in its entirety. Hooker's Chicago sidemen deftly handle Hooker's eccentricities on "Mr. Lucky," and the harrowing "The Motor City Is Burning," as well as a sprightly remake of "Boom Boom."
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS EXCELLENT... Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles ...
(b) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve.
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS VERY GOOD+... The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some light ring wear ..
- Visible shelf wear noted on the spine .. beginnings of a tiny seam split on top seam..
- Minor shelf wear noted on the top and bottom seams...
- Back cover has discoloration spot near bottom seam..
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stickers or labels
_ No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
QUICK Next day shipping includes Delivery Conformation..