JOHN LEE HOOKER BURNIN' ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL 1961 VEE JAY MONO LP DG BEAUTIFUL
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· JOHN LEE HOOKER – BURNIN’ – RARE ORIGINAL 1962 VEE JAY RECORDS MONO LP 1043
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL BLACK VEE JAY LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW”) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE AND “OVAL” VERSION OF THE LABEL (VEE JAY LOGO IS ENCIRCLED BY A WHITE OVAL LINE)
· DEEP GROOVE PRESSING
· THE ALBUM CONTAINS ORIGINAL VERSION OF ‘BOOM BOOM’, JOHN LEE HOOKER’S SIGNATURE TUNE, LATER COVERED BY THE ANIMALS, ERIC CLAPTON, DONALD BYRD, DR. FEELGOOD, CLIFF RICHARD, SHADOWS OF NIGHT, JIMMY SMITH, VAN MORRISON AND THEM, RUFUS THOMAS, MUDDY WATERS, YARDBIRDS AND TENS OF OTHERS; A TRUE BLUES BOOGIE GEM!
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THE RECORD HAS 'AUDIOMATRIX' STAMP IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) AREA, WHICH IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED A PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY OF THE FIRST PRESSING.
· THE RECORD HAS A DATE STAMP OF 4-28-1962 HAND-ETCHED IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX)
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
This album knocked me out in a way no other JLH album ever has. Unlike most Hook albums, all of which are good, but many of which contain only a few great sounding tracks surrounded by solid material in support, this one rocks from beginning to end. Maybe it's that word: "rocks." I mean, it really does have the appeal of a rock and roll record - sounds great, snazzy horn bits enliven many tunes, there's a grand swing to the rhythm of every cut - it just makes you wanna move. And Hook's voice - what an amazing instrument. Like Johnny Cash, he's just got that remarkable command and no matter what he's singing you're gonna listen and it sounds fifty-six times more important than any other living human singing the same words. And don't get me wrong, the words aren't a problem here - in fact, nothing is a problem, even the way most songs fade out like they're single edits or something, leaving you with the taste in your mouth wanting more every time out. This is simply a great album, period.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS EXCELLENT. This is one of those albums that are somewhat difficult to grade. It is somewhere between VG++ and NEAR MINT, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions ARE visible, but they are extremely shallow, superficial and only moderately visually distracting (nothing significant).For the most part, the vinyl looks impeccable without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record has a "deep groove" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the edge of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings).
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a partially split spine (between 1 and 2 inches / 2.5 to 5 centimeters)
- Cover has some visible fraying/tattering on all three seams
- Cover has two corners slightly worn
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 3
- Back cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging (nothing significant).
- Cover has a small quality control (inspection) stamp on the back panel
- Cover has a minor 'bump' (dent) on the opening side (nothing significant) (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the top seam (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No writing
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that ►our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- john lee hooker burnin