JOHN LEE HOOKER BURNIN' ULTRA-RARE ORIG'61 VJ LP MONARCH WEST COAST STEREO PRESS
WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 500 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· JOHN LEE HOOKER – BURNIN’ – RARE ORIGINAL 1962 VEE JAY RECORDS STEREO LP SP-1043 (PLEASE NOTE: IN THE BEST TRADITION OF VEE JAY'S INCREDIBLE CORPORATE INCOMPETENCE, BOTH THE COVER AND THE RECORD LABELS HAVE BEEN MISMARKED AS MONO; HOWEVER, THE RECORD PLAYS BEAUTIFUL, WIDE-CHANNEL, TRUE STEREO THROUGHOUT)
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL BLACK VEE JAY LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW”) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE AND “BRACKETS” VERSION OF THE LABEL (VEE JAY LOGO IS ENCAPSULED IN WHITE BRACKETS)
· VERY RARE WEST COAST PRESSING (MONARCH PRESSING PLANT, LOS ANGELES)
· EXTREMELY RARE STEREO PRESSING, MANY TIMES RARER THAN MONO
· THE ALBUM CONTAINS ORIGINAL VERSION OF ‘BOOM BOOM’, JOHN LEE HOOKER’S SIGNATURE TUNE, COVERED BY ANIMALS, ERIC CLAPTON, DONALD BYRD, DR. FEELGOOD, CLIFF RICHARD, SHADOWS OF NIGHT, JIMMY SMITH, VAN MORRISON AND THEM, RUFUS THOMAS, MUDDY WATERS, YARDBIRDS AND TENS OF OTHERS; A TRUE BLUES BOOGIE GEM!
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL SHRINK (CELLOPHANE) WRAP
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THE RECORD HAS 'AUDIOMATRIX' STAMP IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) AREA, WHICH IS GENERALLY CONSIDERED A PROOF OF AUTHENTICITY OF THE FIRST PRESSING.
· THE RECORD HAS A DATE STAMP OF 5-26-1962 HAND-ETCHED IN THE TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX)
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
This album is a prime slab of early 1960's BLUES. Simply mouthwatering. As is the case with all JL Hooker's Vee Jay albums, this one, too is inordinately rare on its' original 'colorband' label.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE SIDE 1 OF THE VINYL AS STRONG VERY GOOD+(+) . CAUTION: The vinyl is NOT MINT or NEAR MINT, but is nevertheless in a very nice and clean condition. There are some surface marks and abrasions, mostly light and superficial, although some may be longer than 1.1/4 inches (1 inch = 2.5 centimeters)
(b) WE GRADE SIDE 2 OF THE VINYL AS EXCELLENT. This is one of those sides that are somewhat difficult to grade. It is somewhere between VG++ and NEAR MINT, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions ARE visible, but they are extremely shallow, superficial and only moderately visually distracting (nothing significant).For the most part, the vinyl looks impeccable without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(c) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve.
(d) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(e) Stereo pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its mono counterpart. The mix is more graphic, the sound resolution more precise, and the channel separation (which does not exist on mono version) adds a whole new dimension to the music. Also, the stereo mixes are (by definition) somewhat different than on the mono version. We estimate that mono copies of this album outnumber stereo copies by a ratio of at least 5:1.
(f) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS (WEAK) NEAR MINT, STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP (A FEW SMALL PIECES OF SHRINK WRAP ARE MISSING)
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has one corner slightly worn / frayed / bent (just a beginning of the split seam)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the bottom seam (nothing significant)
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2 (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No wrinkles or creases
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that ►our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- john lee hooker burnin