JOHN LEE HOOKER BURNIN' SEALED ORIG '62 VEE JAY MONO LP
WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 1600 LISTED ITEMS. TO DISPLAY ALL OUR AUCTIONS LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, BY ARTIST’S NAME ►CLICK HERE
►Click here to see our ROCK auctions ►See our JAZZ auctions ►See our BLUES auctions►See our CLASSICAL auctions ► See our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►See our PROMO auctions►See our SOUL auctions ►See our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· JOHN LEE HOOKER – BURNIN’ – RARE ORIGINAL 1962 VEE JAY RECORDS MONO LP 1043
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED 100% GUARANTEED ORIGINAL, FIRST (AND ONLY) MONO PRESSING ***
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL BLACK VEE JAY LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW”) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE AND “OVAL” VERSION OF THE LABEL (VEE JAY LOGO IS ENCIRCLED BY AN OVAL LINE)
· THE ALBUM CONTAINS ORIGINAL VERSION OF ‘BOOM BOOM’, JOHN LEE HOOKER’S SIGNATURE TUNE, COVERED BY ANIMALS, ERIC CLAPTON, DONALD BYRD, DR. FEELGOOD, CLIFF RICHARD, SHADOWS OF NIGHT, JIMMY SMITH, VAN MORRISON AND THEM, RUFUS THOMAS, MUDDY WATERS, YARDBIRDS AND TENS OF OTHERS; A TRUE BLUES BOOGIE GEM!
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THICK CARDBOARD COVER, AMERICAN STYLE.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
This album is a prime slab of early 1960's BLUES. Simply mouthwatering. As is the case with all JL Hooker's Vee Jay albums, this one, too is inordinately rare on its' original 'colorband' label. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID)
(b) The record is believed to come in its original stock inner sleeve.
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS NEAR MINT, STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2 (front side) and 1 (back side)
- Cover has a small peel-off mark in one small area not covered by the shrink wrap (nothing significant) (less than ¼ square inch in size)
- Cover has a small quality control (inspection) stamp on the back panel
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No wrinkles or creases
- No yellowing from aging
- No writing
- No tearing: no chips, dents or nicks on the seams
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
Generally, US POSTAGE is $5.80 FOR THE FIRST ITEM shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL (this includes a small $1.00 packaging surcharge).
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE- and insurance rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage and insurance rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note we are NOT responsible for uninsured items.
Media- and Surface Mail rates are available ONLY to orders of $200.00 or more. NO EXCEPTIONS.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO FIND OUT HOW.
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND DISCOUNT RATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►ACKNOWLEDGING A WINNING BID ►OUR FEEDBACK POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE AND INSURANCE RATES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES
OUR REFUND POLICY :
Cash refund will be granted only for DEFECTIVE items, but we are flexible and reasonable in reviewing the merits of each individual case. We do NOT play-grade records and can only make reasonable inference on the item's condition based on its visual appearance. Every bid carries a risk that purchased item might play worse than its visual grade may indicate. Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy .
© 2001,2004 MDJ. All rights reserved.
- Popular in following searches:
- john lee hooker burnin