JOHN JENKINS w/KENNY BURRELL INSANELY RARE ORIG 1957 BLUE NOTE MONO LP BLP-1573
<img src= http://pics
?Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ?Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ?Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ? Our JAZZ auctions ?Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ?Our BLUES auctions ?Our CLASSICAL auctions ?Our COUNTRY auctions ?Our FUNK auctions ?Our LATIN auctions ?Our METAL auctions?Our REGGAE auctions ?Our SOUL auctions ? Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ?Our PROMO auctions ?Our ACETATE auctions ?Our TEST PRESSING auctions ?Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· JOHN JENKINS with KENNY BURRELL, SONNY CLARK AND PAUL CHAMBERS – JOHN JENKINS AND KENNY BURRELL - INSANELY RARE ORIGINAL 1957 BLUE NOTE MONO LP BLP-1573 (EASILY ONE OF TOP-10 RAREST BLUE NOTE 12" LPs IN EXISTENCE)
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL WHITE AND BLUE 'BLUE NOTE' LABEL WITH '63RD STREET., NEW YORK', ADDRESS ON THE LABEL
· The record has a Rudy Van Gelder’s name or his initials (RVG) clearly stamped or hand-etched in the trail-off vinyl (dead wax)
· DEEP GROOVE PRESSING
· The record has an "EAR" symbol (a pretzel-like engravure about 1/4-inch/6mm long) in the trail-off vinyl, which on SOME jazz labels is associated with very early or first pressings)
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
(?PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
The second (and best) of John Jenkins' two sessions as a leader features the altoist in a quintet with guitarist Kenny Burrell, pianist Sonny Clark, bassist Paul Chambers, and drummer Dannie Richmond. Sounding at times like Charlie Parker (with touches of Phil Woods and Jackie McLean), Jenkins easily keeps up with his better-known sidemen and plays the boppish music with plenty of creativity, emotion, and excitement. After listening to the high-quality set, one wonders why Jenkins did not make it.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY SCOTT YANOW, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
· THE RECORD
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VERY GOOD+ . CAUTION: The vinyl is NOT MINT or NEAR MINT, but is nevertheless in a very nice and clean condition. There are some surface marks and abrasions, mostly light and superficial, although some may be longer than 1.1/4 inches (1 inch = 2.5 centimeters)
(b) The record has a "deep groove" (an indent in the label about 1/2-inch from the edge of the label, which on SOME labels is associated with very early or first pressings)
(c) The record has a ?Rudy Van Gelder name, or his initials (RVG) stamped or hand-etched in the trail-off vinyl (dead wax). On SOME Jazz labels (Blue Note, Savoy, Regent, Prestige, Impulse, Verve…) this stamp signifies highly professional masterings either done by - or personally authorized by - the legendary engineer himself.
(d) The record has an "ear" symbol (a pretzel-like engravure about 1/4-inch/6mm long) in the trail-off vinyl, which on SOME jazz and blues labels (such as Blue Note; Folkways; Period, etc…) is associated with very early or first pressings). The 'ear' symbol is actually a letter 'P' in italic script, denoting a pressing made by Plastilite Corporation’s pressing plant.
(e) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(f) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, LAMINATED, GLOSSY COVER):
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 3 (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Back cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging (nothing significant)
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the top seam and spine bare
- Cover has some fraying/wear along the spine (along one 1-inch stretch)
- Minor crack in the paper slick noted along the spine on the front side (less than 1 inch)
- Cover has two corners slightly worn (nothing significant)
NO OTHER VISIBLE FLAWS OR IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND (BUT DO NOT INSIST) that you select USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ?click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ?HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
?OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ?OUR GRADING POLICY ?ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ?HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ?OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ?ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ?OUR REFUND POLICY ?POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ?PAYMENT DEADLINES ?FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ?Click here for the full text of our policy
FINE (BUT IMPORTANT!) PRINT
(1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar, subtitle bar or item specifics box alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. ever, under any circumstances. We can ONLY cancel bids before the item closes. (4) We are unable to cancel bids in the final 12 hours of the auction; if you need to do so, please contact eBay for help (5) We are unable to provide matrix-, stamper- or other pressing information in the final 24 hours of the auction. If you require this information, please contact us well before the final day of the auction. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. (7) All Paypal payments must be made from confirmed Paypal shipping addresses. NO third party shipping addresses will be honored (8) Absolutely NO partial refunds: if you are unhappy with the merchandise you received, please return it for a full refund, postage included (9). Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious. (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night!
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.
On May-23-21 at 11:40:50 PDT, seller added the following information:
Track Page Views With
Auctiva's FREE Counter