ETTA JAMES LOSERS WEEPERS RARE ORIGINAL '69 CADET/MONARCH LP IN SHRINK BEAUTIFUL
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ETTA JAMES – LOSERS WEEPERS – ORIGINAL 1970 CADET RECORDS STEREO LP LPS-847
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL BLUE-FADES-TO-WHITE CADET LABEL WITH “HORSE’S HEAD” LOGO, MID-60’s STYLE ,
· VERY RARE WEST COAST PRESSING (MONARCH PRESSING PLANT, LOS ANGELES)
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL SHRINK (CELLOPHANE) WRAP
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Although the 1970 album Losers Weepers was not a landmark in Etta James' career, and doesn't include any of her most famous or outstanding tracks, it's a solid enough album that has an edge on some of the other LPs from the later part of her time with Chess Records. To its credit, it doesn't seem to be trying as hard or self-consciously to absorb some influences from contemporary soul trends; largely, it lets James do what she does best: give romantic songs everything she's got, without holding back on some of her grittiest phrasing and throatiest belting. Were the material up to her vocal finesse, this would be up there with the likes of what Aretha Franklin was doing at the time. The title track gave her a small R&B hit, and is certainly the best song here. If it's a little reminiscent of her own "I'd Rather Go Blind" in the verse, the jubilant, ascending chorus sets it off as a worthwhile tune on its own merits (and the next track, "Weepers," is a "part two" of sorts that also served as the B-side). It's a satisfying mix of ballads and more uptempo cuts (like "Look at the Rain," written by Jackie Edwards, famous for writing early hits for the Spencer Davis Group), also putting some pop into the arrangements and melodies alongside the expected soul.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY RICHIE UNTERBERGER, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
Recorded in Los Angeles with renowned arranger Gene Barge and veteran Chess producer Ralph Bass (who produced virtually all of her Argo/Cadet sides) at the controls:
1. Take Out Some In$urance 2:58
2. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good 4:30
3. I Think It's You 3:56
4. Someone 3:50
5. Losers Weepers 2:33
6. Weepers 2:33
1. You're The Fool 2:40
2. Hold Back My Tears 6:07
3. For All We Know 3:28
4. Look At The Rain 3:04
5. Ease Away A Little Bit At A Time 3:40
· THE RECORD
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS EXCELLENT. This is one of those albums that are somewhat difficult to grade. It is somewhere between VG++ and NEAR MINT, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions ARE visible, but they are extremely shallow, superficial and only moderately visually distracting (nothing significant).For the most part, the vinyl looks impeccable without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) The record comes in the original stock inner sleeve.
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· THE COVER
THE COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP; HOWEVER, WE ARE UNABLE TO GRADE IT NEAR MINT DUE TO MINOR FLAWS LISTED BELOW; WE GRADE THIS COVER AS EXCELLENT OR VG++
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a small cutout corner visible
- Minor shelf wear noted on the bottom seam (nothing significant)
- Cover has a light "wrinkle" (crease) in one of the corners.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on back side, apparently from aging.
- Back cover has a few yellowish dust speckles scattered here and there (these tiny spots are not overly obtrusive or distracting)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the opening side (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine
NO OTHER VISIBLE FLAWS OR IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND (BUT DO NOT INSIST) that you select USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
FINE (BUT IMPORTANT!) PRINT
(1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar, subtitle bar or item specifics box alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. ever, under any circumstances. We can ONLY cancel bids before the item closes. (4) We are unable to cancel bids in the final 12 hours of the auction; if you need to do so, please contact eBay for help (5) We are unable to provide matrix-, stamper- or other pressing information in the final 24 hours of the auction. If you require this information, please contact us well before the final day of the auction. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. (7) All Paypal payments must be made from confirmed Paypal shipping addresses. NO third party shipping addresses will be honored (8) Absolutely NO partial refunds: if you are unhappy with the merchandise you received, please return it for a full refund, postage included (9). Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious. (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night!
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.