Distinctive Song Stylings
Billie Holiday (vocals) with Orchestra.
Decca 23391: Lover Man / That Ole Devil Called Love
Decca 23483: No More / You Better Go Now
Decca 23565: What Is This Thing Called Love? / Don't Explain
Decca 23676: Good Morning Heartache / No Good Man
records: (23391) E, (23483) E/EE-, (23565) EE-, (23676) E-.
album: very good, no tears or splits
I use the VJM grading system for 78 RPM records:
- N. As new and unplayed (there are virtually no 78s that can categorically be claimed to be unplayed).
- N-. Nearly Mint, but has been played. No visible signs of wear or damage.
- E+. Plays like new, with very, very few signs of handling, such as tiny scuffs from being slipped in and out of jackets.
- E . Still very shiny, near new looking, with no visible signs of wear, but a few inaudible scuffs and scratches.
- E-. Still shiny but without the lustre of a new record, few light scratches.
- V+. An average condition 78 in which scuffs and general use has dulled the finish somewhat. Wear is moderate but playing is generally free from distortion. Surface noise not overly pronounced
- V. Moderate, even wear throughout, but still very playable. Surface noise and scratches audible but not intrusive.
- V-. Quite playable still, but distortion and heavy greying in loud passages. Music remains loud in most passages. Surface noise and scratches well below music level.
- G+. Grey throughout but still serviceable. Music begins to sound muffled. Heavy scratches.
- G. Quite seriously worn and scratched, but music level is still higher than surface noise.
- G-. Music still prominent, but wear and scratch damage extensive.
- F. Most of music remains audible over surface noise, but listening now uncomfortable.
- P. Unplayable.
Please wait until I send out an invoice. Please do not use ebay’s checkout system, as there is no way to add the $1.00 charge for packing materials.
Winning bidder to pay $8.00 shipping (which includes $1.00 for packing material) in the United States. Shipping discount for multiple 78s. Insurance, if desired, is extra.