ALBERT KING LIVE WIRE/BLUES POWER RARE ORIG '68 STAX LP IN SHRINK 1A VERY NICE
WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 500 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ALBERT KING - LIVE WIRE / BLUES POWER - ORIGINAL 1968 STAX RECORDS STEREO LP STS-2003
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ORIGINAL YELLOW STAX LABEL WITH BLACK PRINT AND “SNAPPING FINGERS” LOGO, LATE 60’s STYLE
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL SHRINK (CELLOPHANE) WRAP
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH '-1A/-1E'. ON SOME LABELS, SUFFIX '–1' DENOTES THE VERY FIRST, ORIGINAL PRESSING)
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Live Wire/Blues Power is one of Albert King's definitive albums. Recorded live at the Fillmore Auditorium in 1968, the guitarist is at the top of his form throughout the record -- his solos are intense and piercing. The band is fine, but ultimately it's King's show -- he makes Herbie Hancock's "Watermelon Man" dirty and funky and wrings out all the emotion from "Blues at Sunrise."
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY THOM OWENS, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
When this album was released in the winter of 1968, Albert King was rubbing shoulders with the best of them, jamming on- and off stage with the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Booker T & The MGs, Steve Miller Band, Quicksilver Mesenger Service, and a slew of others...Jimi Hendrix went out of his way to pay hosannas to The King, who was at the time riding high following the phenomenal success of his "Born under the bad sign" album. This live album captures Albert King at his prime, surrounded by the worshipping audience which simply inhales (in more ways than one) each and every note he plays. This album was recorded at a legendary Fillmore West auditorium in San Francisco, and the acoustics of the venue come through loud and clear. The sound is thick, stinging, biting, occasionally drenched in fuzz. No wonder he was one of Jimi Hendrix' main idols. A pivotal - literally and figuratively speaking - blues album, not to be missed. One of two or three defining moments of the modern, electric, urban blues. Much harder to find on the original pressing than you may think!
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VG++, just a notch below NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions (probably just sleeve scuffs inflicted in storage over the years) ARE VISIBLE, but they appear fairly insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new. (MINOR HAIRLINE SCUFF NOTED ON SIDE 1, NOT EXPECTED TO BE AUDIBLE)
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
THE COVER IS STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP; HOWEVER, WE ARE UNABLE TO GRADE IT NEAR MINT DUE TO MINOR FLAWS LISTED BELOW; WE GRADE THIS COVER AS EXCELLENT OR VG++
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has all four corners slightly worn / dinged / bent.
- Cover has a partially split bottom seam (less than 1 inch / 2.5 centimeters)
- Cover has a partially split spine (less than 1 inch / 2.5 centimeters)
- 1-inch tear/cut noted on the opening side (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY) (no part of the cover is missing)
- Cover shows some light yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging.
- Cover has some tiny, faint writing on its back side (a microscopic price code written in one corner)
- Back cover has a short razor-like line (cut) on the cover, as if someone attempted to cut away the shrink wrap with a razor, but inadvertently left the mark on the cover as well. The paper slick is intact and no part is missing, but the razor line is visible.
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No stamps
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►click here. While you can be rest assured that ►our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ►HERE TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
►OUR VOLUME DISCOUNTS AND POSTAGE REBATES ►OUR GRADING POLICY ►ITEMS WE DO NOT GRADE ►HOW TO ACKNOWLEDGE WINNING BID OR RESOLVE A DISPUTE ►OUR PAYPAL “CHARGEBACK” POLICY ►ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS ►OUR REFUND POLICY ►POSTAGE RATES AND DISCLOSURES ►PAYMENT DEADLINES ►FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ►Click here for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.